Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pancakes and Babysitting.

I have never done this before....so I suppose I will have to change things around once I get the hang of it. But today I would like to discuss the lack of cooking/mothering skills I have and how I managed to have a successful night in both regardless.





Joe and I have very good friends, Angie and Paul, who have two kids, David who is 9, and Serena who is 6. We love them!! So we decided to give Paul and Angie a night off and we offered to let the kids spend the night with us. It was fun! Joe played baseball (in the rain) with them and we played the Wii for hours. Can't go wrong with the Wii. Here is a picture of David and Serena beating Joe up after he beat us all at Wii golf.

So Serena and I "made" cookies. Which means I made them and she licked the bowl. And they were good! So this morning when they got up, I decided to make pancakes. Joe made bacon and eggs, which is about the only thing he can cook, so he's pretty good at it. I was nervous about making the pancakes and determined not to call my dad like I always do! So I made them and they turned out delicious! I have no pictures to prove this, but David and Serena ate up my pancakes, and didn't like Joe's eggs!

Sweet victory.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Thanks for the night out and I'm glad your pan-a-cakes as the kids call em kicked Joe's eggs butt he's always offerin to cook em over here because they're (sooo great) Later Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I guess they aren't as great as he thinks! Bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO pumped for this blog :) I'll be reading it daily!

    ReplyDelete