Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Month Old

Woah I haven't blogged in forever. I need to get back into it though, and there are like 3 different things I want to blog about so hopefully I can do that in the next few days. It makes me happy. :)

However, this post is all about my little lady being ONE ENTIRE MONTH OLD! Can you believe that? I can't.

Technically she was one month old yesterday, but we went to the doctor today. I wanted to see how much she weighed. She was 8-10 at birth, and Joe guessed her at being 10 pounds exactly today. My dad guessed 10-3 and I guessed 10.5 pounds. She was 10-12 so I win. :) Two whole pounds! She is also 22 inches long, putting her in the 75th %ile for height and weight! She is finally starting to get a little chunky, and has a cute little double chin to prove it.

Bella eats 4 ounces (usually, sometimes she gets bored or falls asleep before she's done) every 3-4 hours. She must be going through a growth spurt because lately she can barely make it 3 hours without eating again.

In the sleep department we are not doing so hot. Not only does Bella completely have her days and nights flipped, but she has colic, so the nights are hellish around here. I think the colic may be subsiding, we have had a few "good" nights lately, where she isn't screaming for 4-5 hours straight, so that's good. Plus starting tonight she is going to be sleeping in her crib at night. I have been letting her sleep in there for naps the past couple of days, so I think we are okay to start doing it at night. She doesn't sleep well in her bassinet anymore, which means one of us is always sleeping on the couch while she sleeps in her bouncy chair/the swing/the boppy/on me. Not a great night. I would feel better about life in general if I could at least get a couple hours in my own bed.

Okay, now that I have been a mother for one whole month, I have unending insight into motherhood and child-rearing and am now an expert on both. I have learned and mastered any and all challenges thrown my way. :)

Which of course is untrue.

Being a mother is HARD. People always tell you having a baby changes everything, but what you don't realize while you are rolling your eyes at those people, is that they are right! It changes EVERYTHING! It changes when you eat, sleep, bathe, pee, get ready in the morning, leave the house for anything, what you take with you anywhere, what you WEAR!

This has been a very hard month, to say the least, but a rewarding one as well. I love watching Bella change everyday, and watching Joe be a father makes me love him even more. We will see what the next month holds. :)

And now, some lovely pictures of my sweet pea, taken on her one month birthday:





I know I know, she's freakin adorable.

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Congratulations again! Praying that you get some sleep and that she gets her days and nights straightened out asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS freaking adorable! Happy one month baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that last picture of little Miss Bella. I just want to squeeze her! Hopefully she will get her days and nights figured out and grow out of her sleep issues. Once you finally get to sleep again you will feel like a brand new woman! Lol.

    ReplyDelete