Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

How are you? I have a lot of questions but I will start with that one. Do you sleep in heaven? (Sounds like my kinda heaven!!) Do you get to be by the beach? Do you get to read books? Do you sing praise songs all day? Do you eat Mexican food? I know it's fun but what do you do??? I can't wait to find out. 

I am okay I guess. Well, I am pretty good. Joe and I have been having a pretty good year. We are on our way to getting out of debt, and we paid off a lot of things with our taxes this year. Maybe we can get a bigger house sooner than we think! 

I am almost done with school, Mom, can you believe it? I had just started back right before you died, and it was so hard! It is still hard, but I am more motivated than ever. I have had some minor setbacks recently, but I am still on track to graduate in December. I can't believe that this time next year I will officially be a certified teacher. After all this time! I hope you are proud of me. 

The kids are so big, have you seen them lately? Bella will be in Kindergarten this year (or kindie-garten, as you pronounced it) and I really just don't know what happened to the last five years. She is anxious, strong-willed, and emotional. But also hilarious, loving, and smart! I can't wait to see what she does in this life. 

Brantley is as sweet as ever. But still kinda lazy! We have been wanting to potty train him for a while, but I know it won't be as easy as it was with Bella. He likes to sit on the potty AFTER he poops in his diaper, lol. He is so sweet, he just cuddled with me on the couch for an hour and watched Mickey Mouse. You would just love him, Mom. 

The church has grown so much! I wish you could be here to see what Revolution Ministries has become, since you were part of the beginning vision for it. It is a great place, God is doing big things there. 

I don't really know what else to talk about. I just felt really close to you today and wanted to call you, so I thought I would write this instead. Obviously, I mean I can't call you. Man, I can't stop thinking about how different the last two years would have been if you were still here. God makes beauty from ashes though, and I know he's changing me. 

Really though, what is it like? Do you get massages? Do you get to eat all the chocolate you want? Do you hang out with Kelly, and Nanny and Grandaddy, and your own grandparents? How are they? Do they look the same?

Remember these please, because I know when I see you again they won't be what's on my mind. 

I love you.

I miss you.

Kayla

2 comments:

  1. I love this. She is so proud of you! I am too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I know that she is jumping up and down and saying to Jesus, read this! Look at my sweet family. Bless them Jesus! That is my prayer for all of you too!

    ReplyDelete