I truly cannot believe it's August! It feel like just yesterday I got MARRIED, and it has already been more than a year! Time just flies. It has made me realize even more that we shouldn't waste the time we have been given on this earth.
I have about a million things to talk about, but I won't be able to think of them all, I'm sure.
Joe starts school back on Wednesday. Well, he is there today but the kids come Wednesday. We are both bummed that summer is "over" but he is excited about the new year, I know. He is going to be so busy. He is the 7th grade team leader, assistant basketball coach, AND he is still taking master's classes. I'm sure he will throw in some detentions and Saturday schools in there as well. He is taking a lot on but I know he will just breeze through it with flying colors. He always does. I am so proud of him. :)
Lately I have been struggling with what to do with my life. I mean I am 22, and most of the people I graduated high school with (well I shouldnt say most...I'll say SOME) have already graduated college and here I am, without even an associates to my name! And no idea what God wants me to do!! After much prayer and discussion with my husband, my mom, and my advisor, I decided to go into elementary education. Being a teacher runs in my family really, and being married to one would be great, we will have the same schedule! I think I could really be blessed with this as a career.
So I decided since I actually have a set goal in mind, to stop waltzing through college with one class here and one class there and actually try to knock a few out. So I'll be going back to full time status in the fall, along with my full time job! I am scared, nervous, and excited. But now is the best time really. We don't have kids, and Joe will be so busy this fall anyways, I might as well do something productive.
A lot of decisions have been made today and I am really looking forward to what God has in store for our future. It is exciting making plans, but even more exciting when you know they are the right ones. :)
Anyways, summer is over, I guess. Even though technically, weather-wise we still have a couple of months left. We did a lot this summer considering Joe was taking four master's classes. Just two things left to do: Holiday World, and the zoo. Will we accomplish our goal???
Only time will tell....
:P
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment