I had my first baby shower on the 26th and it was so much fun. One of my closest friends, Kayla, who is also pregnant, had her baby shower the day before so I was definitely excited about it. There were tons of people there and I can't even begin to tell you all about everything we got. But we are definitely blessed to have so many people love and care about us and Bella. My sister took about 200 pictures at the shower (I am only exaggerating a little...) so I am just going to post a few of them.
This is the cake that my grandma made. It turned out so cute and looked just like the invitations.
This is my best friend since I was 11, Heather. She came down from Maryland for the shower, and I hadn't seen her in two years, since the day I got married. It was nice to have her there.
This is the quilt that Kayla's mom made for me. It is so beautiful and has Bella's name and our nursery theme in it. I love it so much. Kayla's mom has made me so much stuff this entire pregnancy. Tons of burp cloths and bibs and I am so grateful.
This is a blanket that my Aunt Anita made, it is adorable and has a little hood on it.
This is a quilt that my mom's friend Sheila made. She has known me since I was five, it was so special to get something like that from her.
My grandma is making all the crib bedding, and she gave me a little preview of it with this, which hangs on the side of the crib and you can put odds and ends things in it.
My grandma also made this cute little dress, which will probably serve as an Easter dress for Bella, as long as it fits at that time.
My grandma ALSO made this blanket (I know she is amazing). She has made one for every grandchild and this is her first great grandchild.
It got really hot so after a while I started to feel kinda silly lol.
I had to put this in here. It is an adorable little raincoat that my friend Angie got. One of my favorite gifts!
And here is me and my momma, because I love her.
So that was a fun filled day/weekend. The next day was my two year wedding anniversary! Joe and I didn't do much for it, we had gone to dinner the week before. That was the day Heather flew back home so I just took her to the airport and things like that. Even though Joe and I didn't do anything huge, I am so blessed to have been married to him for two years. He is perfect for me and I'm so happy we are having a baby. :)
We have had a very busy summer, because the next weekend after my shower was Joe's cousin Adam's wedding. Adam is Joe's closest cousin in a very big family. They are a year apart and grew up together. Heather, his wife, is hilarious and I just love her. We always have a good time when we are with them. Joe was the best man in his wedding so we spent the weekend focused on that.
The happy couple's first kiss.
Joe and I haven't taken any actual "trips" this summer, I wouldn't say, but we did go stay with my mom in Georgia/South Carolina for 4 or 5 days at the beginning of June. That was a lot of fun and the first time I have seen the ocean this year. It's just not the same as Panama City Beach though. The sand is so white at the Gulf of Mexico and this South Carolina sand was brown and ugly. I am biased though, I love my Florida.
I have also been spending a lot of time with other pregnant people! Like I mentioned, my friend Kayla is due August 26th, and my friend Amy is due August 9th and a new friend, Whitney, who I just met but Kayla and Amy knew from high school, is due October 9th. It is crazy, it's like it's in the water around here. But it is a lot of fun to spend time with people who are going through the exact same thing as you. Here is a picture of me, Kayla, and Amy at Kayla's baby shower.
Okay so clearly I need to blog more often, as this blog is ridiculously long now. Hopefully I will remember that! Happy Saturday to you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment