Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

38 weeks.

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow, but I had my appointment and growth ultrasound yesterday. The ultrasound went well, she is measuring in the 44th percentile for weight, which was around 6 lbs, 14 oz. My doctor estimated she will be around 8.5 lbs at birth. Doesn't sound average to me, sounds BIG! lol but oh well! I'm just glad she is healthy and everything looks great and on track. However, I was very excited about getting another ultrasound and...I literally could not tell what anything was except the top of her head and one of her legs. She is so crowded in there. They gave us pictures but they just look like blobs lol.

I am still just dilated 1 cm. Nothing exciting going on, and it's not looking like it will anytime soon. I know I could go from a 1 to a 5 in a matter of hours, but I just don't see that happening. I asked my doctor about inducing me eventually and she said they will do that at 41 weeks. Since this is my first baby, they like to give you as much time to go on your own, because there is less risk of a c-section that way. I was really disappointed about this at first, but when I thought about it, that means I only have 3 weeks left at the most. Which sounds pretty good to me! And I know I am ready for her to be "done" but I know she needs as much time in there as she can get.

In other news, my doctor did give me the okay to go to Women of Faith with the ladies from my church this weekend, since my cervix is "doing nothing" as she said. :) So I'm looking forward to that! It will be so fun and a lot of my close friends are going this year. I can't wait. It will take my mind off of "when the heck am I having this baby".

Also, my friend Amy had her baby, Madeline Grace, on Monday. I got to see her yesterday and she is so beautiful and has a full head of hair! And my friend Kayla is being induced tomorrow, I can't wait to meet Jaxon! All these people having babies! And I am really close to them, so I know I'm gonna feel left out lol. But oh well, these next three weeks (or less) will fly by quickly I know. Well....I hope, anyways. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so close! May the time fly by as you wait to meet Bella!!! Enjoy the conference!

    ReplyDelete