We had a great group of family and close friends and I was just overcome with how many people in our life love our sweet girl. We are so blessed and sometimes I don't think about it enough! My baby is going to be one on Tuesday, that is a whole different post.
I have had so many mixed emotions with every milestone she hits. It is so exciting and fun to watch her grow and develop her own personality. But I am painfully aware of how little time we get her like this. She will only be little for a very short part of her life. It isn't fair, but if anything it makes me always appreciate her. Even when I am frustrated and she won't stop crying and my house is a wreck and I need a shower, I love her so much it hurts. So much that I can't even contain it in my body. I have always heard people say that having a child is watching your heart beat outside of your body, and that is so true. It's like the day she was born I grew a whole new heart. I never thought love could consume me like it does for her. I love my husband so much and I am so grateful for him everyday, but loving her is different. Such a different love.
Anyways, enough sap. Onto the pictures!
I made this. Seriously. I know, it's impressive. Thank you Pinterest.
Cake and smash cake!
My best friend Stephanie and her husband John gave Bella that turtle and a build-a-bear named "Belly Bear" because we call her "Belly" all the time. So cute!
She wasn't all that into the cake. Which is weird because she tore up the cupcake she ate during her one year photos. But oh well! The cake was delicious!
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment