Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Eventful Friday Night...

Well...a couple months ago I bought tickets for Joe and I to go see Randy Travis in concert at the Horsheshoe Casino in Indiana. When the date for the concert (Friday) finally rolled around, neither one of us felt like going, but of course we went anyways. Once we were on our way, we were excited about it. We got up there and parked, and I made sure we had our tickets and we were good to go. At the last second I remembered that we needed to have our ID's ready because it's at a casino and of course you have to be 21 to get it. Well, long story short, I didn't have my wallet. It was nowhere to be found.

Naturally I started crying, because I was SO MAD that we drove all the way up there and wasted our time, gas, and money to see this concert when I knew they wouldn't let us in. Well Joe said we should at least try. So we got in, the lady tore our tickets, and the security guard asked to see our ID's. I explained the situation to her, told her that we weren't there to drink or gamble, I am pregnant, and we just wanted to see the concert. She would not back down. Joe asked if there was anyway they could stamp my hand or something and she said no. I was still so upset, and we asked if we could speak to her supervisor. Well he told us the same thing. Joe asked if we could at least get our money back for the tickets and he told us to go to the ticketmaster counter.

We went over to the counter and I called my mom because I was so upset and what does a girl do when she's upset? Call her mom. Joe explained everything (a lot more nicely and calmly than I would have) to the lady at the counter and she was very nice and told us she would see what they could do. While she was on the phone with ticketmaster, the director of operations for the casino came over and talked to Joe. He told us that they would pay for us to have dinner at the Paula Deen Buffet so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. I immediately calmed down. I mean I was upset because we don't have money to just throw away on tickets and a random trip to Indiana for no reason, know what I mean??

Well not only did they pay for our dinner (a $60 meal) but they refunded us the money for the Randy Travis tickets, and offered us two free tickets to the show of our choice at the casino. So God is good and we actually ended up with a much better deal than if we had just been going to the concert. I was happy, and Paula Deen's Buffet is delicious!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment