Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Parenting Pet Peeves

Okay. I know that I am not a parent yet, but I would just like to point out some things that annoy me when I'm out in public and see parents with young kids. Maybe I will be THAT MOM that does all of these things one day, even though I hate them right now. Who knows?!? It will be fun to look back on this post later and see if I stuck to my guns or not.

1. I hate when people have kids that are over two years old and they still refer to their age in terms of "months". Like on Grown Ups, when she is talking about her 48 month old still breastfeeding. Ugh.

2. Kids on leashes. This is cruel! Dragging your kid around like a puppy is mean! Carry him/her, use a dang stroller, don't put a LEASH on your CHILD!

3. People who let their kids run all over restaurants. Around the table of people you are with is one thing. But when you aren't paying attention and all of a sudden your kid is under people's feet in the next room, there's a problem.

4. Dressing kids like grown ups. I am all for the occasional grown up outfit, especially on little boys, it is adorable. But for everyday wear, it seems ridiculous to put your toddler in khakis, a sweater vest, and penny loafers. He/she is a BABY! Put them in cute, baby-like clothes while you still can.

5. I know this one is definitely not the opinion of most, but I don't like those thick headband things people put on their baby girls. Like this:
  <-How cute is she?!?!
But seriously, despite her cuteness, that flower is RIDICULOUS! Why is it the size of her head?!? I don't see the point. I would like something along the lines of this:

It's cute, and girly, and proportioned.

Go ahead and judge me if you will! In a few short months I could very well be month-quoting, leash-toting, wild-child-owning, parent of a child dressed like an adult with a hydrangea bush on her head. I guess you never really know. :P Although it's highly unlikely.

**Disclaimer: None of these were about anyone I personally know, and if you participate in any of the above activities, please do not take offense! To each her own. :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on all of these things! I do have a wild child, but she doesn't climb under other people's tables. Good luck with parenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me laughing so hard! I totally agree about the gargantuan baby hair bow/flower headbands. They look ridiculous. Your child will thank you someday for not putting a hydrangea bush on her head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of tha above, except for number four . . . I like the little sweater vests for boys (though not every day . . .). Other than that, we're totally on the same page! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me laugh so hard I snorted at work! haha!

    ReplyDelete