I have so much to talk about, seriously. I blame my lack of blogging on facebook. I am very active on there. :)
The biggest thing that has recently occured is that we found out we are having a baby girl! We are naming her Isabella Rae. We will call her Bella. At first I didn't want people making Twilight jokes because I really just LOVE the name, but eh who cares what people think. In five years no one will associate her name with that movie, and it will still be beautiful. We are going to do her room in Classic Pooh. It is so adorable and soft and girly. I am excited to get started on it.
We found out that she was indeed a girl on my birthday, March 18th. It was such a fun day. Joe and I went up to the elective ultrasound clinic early in the morning and found out. Then we went to breakfast together and stopped by the mall on the way home just to finally look at girly things. Random - but it seems to me that it is easier to find cute girl clothes than boy clothes, but on the other hand, I like boy nursery themes so much better than girl nursery themes. I am so glad we finally decided on one lol.
After that we went home and took a nap and then went to dinner with my parents at Cheddar's and ran by Babys R Us afterwards. It was fun, but expensive! I'm not sure how much stuff from there I will actually register for. So far I have found tons of things for the nursery on Amazon. And most of the other "big" things I have registered for at Everything for Kids. Baby essentials I found at Target. It makes more sense because we are not really that close to a Babys R US so I feel like it will be easier for people to get me things from stores that are more local.
I have a lot of countdowns going on - the main one being that I will be NINETEEN WEEKS on Friday! Time is flying by, I can't even believe that we are halfway through this pregnancy. I go for my 20 week ultrasound and anatomy scan on the 18th, so hopefully she will still be a girl then. haha! 3 weeks of school left! (For this semester) I can't wait, this semester has been very stressful on me. I just want to make it out alive! 8 weeks until I quit my job - this is scary and exciting all at once, but that's an entirely different post. :) I am so excited for the months to come and I am trying to soak up every day of this pregnancy.
Speaking of, I started feeling her move around in there for the first time two nights ago! I just laid on my side, afraid to move for like an hour. What an amazing feel. It's truly indescribable.
Oh, and I have recently become obsessed with baby shoes (she already has four pairs) and etsy. That website is not safe for a woman on a budget lol. :)
Happy Spring!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Congratulations! What a wonderful birthday present! We call my niece Bella, and I think it's a beautiful name. Etsy is dangerous, but such a great place to find unique things! Have fun shopping for your little GIRL!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love her name - so pretty! I feel like it's easier to find girl clothes, because most stores carry twice as much baby girl clothes as baby boy clothes - I ran all over the place just trying to find a pair of little boy pants in Wyatt's size, and I couldn't find any! I finally had to just order some online. But there was tons of cute girl pants . . . Ha! So the shopping will be easier with a baby girl!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to feel her move - it's the best feeling!