Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Traits.

This idea came to me from a question someone posted on thebump about what we would like our children to inherit or not inherit from us. I answered it, but then began thinking of many other things to add to the list, so I thought I would start it here.

It's okay if Bella has this...
-A mixture of our hair. My hair, as most of you probably know, is SO CURLY. And Joe's is stick straight and boring. So if she could have pretty wavy hair, that would be awesome.

-Joe's voice. He can sing, need I say more?

-My interest in music. We both have good taste in music, but I can used to be able to play two instruments, so I hope she shows an interest in that.

-Our sense of humor. We are funny, that is all.

-Joe's metabolism. He can eat whatever he wants and he is still so skinny. I don't want her to struggle with weight like I have.

-Joe's personality. He is so nice! He is probably the nicest person I know, and so patient too. Everyone loves him, he makes friends everywhere we go.

-Joe's blue eyes. I secretly hope she looks exactly like him. It is so cute when little girls look like their daddies!

-I hope she is an athlete like Joe and likes sports.

-I hope she likes to read like me, and finds joy in a good book!

-I hope she gets Joe's good decision making skills and doesn't follow in my steps. Example: he was already done with college and teaching before he was 22. I am 23 and still have at least two years left. Sigh.

-I hope she is good with money like Joe. I am better at it, but he has been that way since he was a teenager, and it took me a while.

-I hope she gets my communication skills. Joe can be difficult.

I'd rather her not have...

-My forehead. blah.

-Joe's forgetfulness. I swear, if I have to repeat myself ANOTHER 40 times a day, I will go insane.

-My temper. It's bad sometimes. And it will not make years 13-19 very funny.

-Joe's allergies.

-My sensitivity. But she's a girl so this is probably unavoidable.

-Our road rage. We both drive too fast and too impatient. I will be a nervous wreck when she drives.

-Joe's nerves. It sort of runs in his family, but they all have anxiety issues to an extent.

-My patience. Meaning that I have none.

-I hope she's not a procrastinator like me, BUT if she does have to do something at the last minute, I hope she is awesome at it, like I am, and not super slow at it like Joe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, if she gets all the things I want her to have and doesn't get all the things I don't want her to have, she will be the perfect child! Which is completely probable, right??

:)

3 comments:

  1. Cute post! We made some of the same type of lists for what we wanted in our Grace- we were especially concerned when every radiologists would look at our ultrasound and say "Wow, she looks just like the dad!" ha! He makes a handsome man but a not so pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea! But I'm sure she'll be perfect even if she doesn't fit the list perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kayla--your daughter will be perfect no matter what! And as far as finishing school, you should be proud that you're in there and still trying. A lot of people don't get as far as you have ever! You have a LOT to be proud of and Bella is lucky to call you her mama!

    ReplyDelete